Why do I need Renter's Insurance?
- If you could pick up your apartment, turn it upside down and
shake it, everything you own would fall out. That is what you
need to insure. Can you afford to replace all your possessions?
Half of them? Your landlord's insurance doesn't cover your stuff
if it is damaged or stolen.
- Renter's insurance gives you peace of mind about damage or loss
of your possessions, at home or away. It gives you premise liability
coverage in case of lawsuit.
What is Included in Renter's Insurance?
- Personal Property Coverage: Usually starting at $15,000
but can be increased.
- Liability Coverage: Usually starting at $100,000
- Loss of Use: Living expenses if your home becomes unusable.
- Medical Payments to Others: In case a guest is injured
or made ill at your apartment.
- Unscheduled Personal Property: Jewels, Watches, Furs,
Securities, Cash, Silver, Gold, Pewter are covered for small amounts.
- Miscellaneous Coverages: Some policies may include coverages
for credit card fraud and forgery, fire department fees, animal
- Additional Coverage (riders) can increase your coverage
for for Jewelry, Furs, Artwork, Electronic Equipment, for an additional
- All policies will have a Deductible, This is the amount
you are responsible for paying before your insurance will make
any payments to you.
- Most policies cover losses due to:
Windstorms or Hail
Fire or Lightning
Riot or Civil Commotion
Weight of ice, snow or sleet
Water damage from home utilities
Electrical Surge damage to appliances
Earthquake or Flood, by rider or separate policies
- Policies are available with either 'Actual Cash Value' or 'Replacement
Cost Coverage' terms.
Actual Cash Value policies will pay you the depreciated value
of your goods.
Replacement Cost policies pay to replace the item at today's prices.
Replacement policies will be more expensive.
- In cases where people share an apartment, each renter should
have their own insurance or a joint insurance policy should be
For a no obligation quote click HERE
or call our office at 805.376.1338 or toll free at 888.376.1338
or E-Mail Us.